Ensuring Everyone Counts!
At Camelford Primary School, we realise the importance of Mathematics as an important, everyday life skill. We understand that it is integral to all aspects of life and with this in mind, we endeavor to ensure that children develop a positive, enthusiastic and resilient attitude towards the subject that will stay with them for life.
At Camelford Primary, we want all children to consider themselves mathematicians and our mission is to:
- develop positive attitudes towards mathematics and give children a sense of achievement and enjoyment
- raise the children's confidence in order for them to develop persistence and perseverance to overcome difficulties in mathematics.
- stimulate a natural curiosity, to ask questions, explore patterns and explain their reasoning through discussion with maths partners or groups.
- raise children’s self esteem and give them the tools to become independent, confident and logical thinkers.
- develop a secure understanding of methods for calculating the four operations, which follows our calculation policy
- ensure children have an efficient range of strategies to solve mental calculations
We want all children to benefit from an exciting, balanced and inclusive maths curriculum and understand that this is key to ensuring that each child reaches their full potential. In order to achieve this, we make the most of the resources available including I.C.T and the outdoor learning space. As well as this, we make lessons relevant and meaningful through links to other areas of the curriculum and everyday life. This helps to ensure children understand how Maths relates to the wider world.
The movement towards achieving our vision includes the assessment of children’s progress: ensuring that it is carefully monitored and celebrated. This aids us in measuring the impact and quality of the provision within our school.
As a result of this, we strive to develop the whole child as a life-long learner and competent mathematician.
Our New Calculation Policy
The full breakdown of The 99 club levels is as follows:
11 club: 11 questions involving adding 2 single digit numbers.
22club: 22 questions involving addition and subtraction sums up to 20.
33 club: 33 questions involving addition and subtraction sums up to 20.
44 club: 44 questions of addition to 20, 2x, 5x, 10x times tables.
55 club: 55 questions of 2x, 5x, 10x, 3x, 4x, 6x times tables.
66 club: 66 questions of 2x, 5x, 10x, 3x, 4x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x times tables.
77 club: 77 questions of mixed multiplication and division facts
88 club: 88 questions of mixed multiplication and division facts
99 club: 99 questions of mixed multiplication and division facts
Pupils even have the opportunity to go beyond the 99 club and progress to the Bronze, Silver and Gold award!
As each child achieves each level they will receive a badge, which has been designed by a child in our school. When the child achieves the next level they need to exchange it for the next level badge. For example, a child who has previously achieved the 44 club and then achieves the 55 club will return their 44 badge and gain a 55 badge. Alternatively, if children want to keep the badge they can be bought for 20p.
- 11_club [pdf 102KB]
- 22 club [pdf 123KB]
- 33_club [pdf 106KB]
- 44_club [docx 47KB]
- 55_club [pdf 112KB]
- 66_club [pdf 85KB]
- 77 club [pdf 150KB]
- 88 club [pdf 65KB]
- 99_club [pdf 105KB]
- Bronze club Camelford [pdf 173KB]
- Silver club Camelford [pdf 130KB]
- Gold club Camelford [pdf 70KB]
- Platinum club Camelford [pdf 96KB]
- Diamond club Camelford [pdf 164KB]